As Seen on
Bar & Court Admissions
- State Courts of California
- United States District Court for the Central District of California
- United States District Court for the Southern District of California
- United States District Court for the Northern District of California
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of California
- Arizona State University, Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law
– Juris Doctorate (2017)
- California State University, Fullerton
– Bachelor of Arts (2013)
- Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles (CAALA)
Attorney at Law
Mr. Shant Fermanian joined The CAPITAL Law Firm in February 2018 and specializes in personal injury law as he represents individuals who have suffered harm due to the wrongdoings of another. Mr. Fermanian takes pride in serving as an advocate for injury victims by pursuing their legal rights such to obtain maximum compensation for their injuries, and is dedicated to helping his clients throughout each step of their recovery process.
Mr. Fermanian received a Bachelor of Arts degree in 2013 from California State University, Fullerton, where he studied Business Management with a Pre-Law emphasis. Thereafter, Mr. Fermanian received his Juris Doctorate degree in 2017 from Arizona State University, Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law. Today, Mr. Fermanian is an active member of the State Bar of California whereby he is admitted to practice law before all state courts of California as well as before the United States District Courts for the Central, Southern, Northern and Eastern Districts of California. In addition, Mr. Fermanian is an active member of the Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles (CAALA).
Although Mr. Fermanian’s practice and expertise relate primarily to the field of personal injury, his general knowledge of the law extends well beyond that field alone. Before Mr. Fermanian joined The CAPITAL Law Firm, he worked on corporate litigation matters and real estate transactions at a reputable law firm in Downtown Los Angeles. Moreover, Mr. Fermanian worked in-house for two large corporations where his duties involved addressing various legal issues that pertain to the daily functions of a large-scale business. This work experience has brought about Mr. Fermanian’s comprehensive understanding of the law which, together with his specialized focus in the personal injury field, enables Mr. Fermanian to assess all angles of any given case and respond through decisions that are calculated to serve the best interests of his client.
Request A Free Consulation
Request A Free Attorney Consultation Today
Los Angeles Personal Injury Attorney
What Does a Personal Injury Attorney Do?
An accident can be one of the toughest experiences of your whole life. It can lead to severe emotional and physical wounds that may not heal over time. Let’s take a look at what our experienced Los Angeles Personal Injury Law Firm does and why you need us on your side. We put forth all our negotiating skills on your behalf. We also help:
- Guide you through negotiation, mediation, and trial
- Record and prove your pain and suffering
- Bring expert, impartial perspective to your decisions
- Reveal who is liable
- Level the playing field
- Navigate court systems and procedures
- Draw on resources like private investigators and expert witnesses
- Make sure you file all documents
- Determine when the defendant’s evidence is suspect
- Advise on courses of action, including help with medical bills
- Get maximum compensation
It’s easy to see that personal injury lawyers help people who have sustained injuries. When you contact us, the first thing we do is initiate a free case consultation with you. At this meeting, we listen to your story and answer all your questions. The questions we ask you will help us identify any possible responsible parties and enable us to maximize your settlement and recovery. For example, you may have called a rideshare service, which has an accident. You may not realize that a pedestrian may share responsibility for the crash. As Los Angeles Uber accident lawyers, we get to the bottom of the situation. Why? So that you can receive adequate compensation.
Personal Injury Attorney – What to Look For
We know you’ve sustained injuries and you’re looking for the best personal lawyer in Los Angeles. But it’s a daunting task. The practice of law has gotten very specialized. Most lawyers know very little about handling a personal injury claim. Your first job is to find a lawyer with experience in the field. You’ll need someone with both trial and negotiation experience. Your lawyer should also have a thorough understanding of medical diagnoses. He also needs to know the practices related to personal injuries.
Here are some other criteria that you can use in your search:
- Location: your lawyer must be able to practice in the state where you sustained your injury.
- Reputation: you need someone reliable and responsible.
- Disciplinary Record: Always examine a lawyer’s disciplinary record for disbarment or suspension. You can find this information online.
- Focus of Practice: because the law is now so specialized, lawyers focus on specific areas of the law. So, for example, if you’re injured in a Los Angeles Uber accident, lawyers in your case should specialize in that type of injury.
- Years of Practice: find a lawyer who has worked on cases like yours for a long time.
- Trial Experience: you will want to hire an attorney who is not afraid of going to trial. It’s important to know that not all cases go to trial, and most settle out of court.
- Winning Record: Look for a lawyer who wins cases.
We at Capital Law Firm are proud to say that we meet all the above criteria.
Why Personal Injury Attorneys Matter
Personal injury attorneys are essential. Why? Because you can’t afford to take on the insurance companies yourself. If you or a loved one has an accident and suffers a severe injury, you will need our help. Seek out the services of Joshua Zokaeem, the best personal injury lawyer in Los Angeles. He will file your claim and do battle to gain much-needed compensation. Capital Law is a highly-regarded firm. We help innumerable clients recover millions of dollars in damages each year.
It’s vital that you call a Los Angeles personal injury lawyer if you sustain injuries. It’s even more critical if it’s an auto accident or another type of mishap that you did not cause. We know the law, and we have the skill to secure the compensation you deserve. We know how it can be for accident victims to cope with obsessive insurance adjusters. They just want to resolve their claims for as little as possible.
Contact us now if you’re the victim of a personal injury. When disaster strikes, or even when you only have a few questions, we are here 24/7 for you. Don’t delay speaking to the attorney in our Los Angeles injury law firm. Why? Because delays can hamper you from getting compensation. You need an attorney to look after your financial interests if you’re injured. You want the best personal lawyer in Los Angeles to fight for you. We’ve got you covered!
Do I Need a Personal Injury Attorney?
Accident victims are often swamped by phone calls soon after sustaining their injuries. They also receive requests for statements and paperwork. These requests come from law enforcement officers, doctors, and insurance companies. It can be very confusing to cope with all the queries about the accident and to know what to do next. Here are some grounds for getting the help of an experienced Los Angeles injury law firm.
Severe injuries can be traumatic and can change your life forever. You will need an experienced attorney if your injuries cause permanent disabilities. The same goes for if you need long-term care. We calculate how much compensation you can receive. How? By figuring out your earning potential over time. We will seek to pursue all available avenues of redress. You need reimbursement for your economic and non-economic losses.
Hire a personal injury attorney if you sustained injuries in an automobile accident. Do so, especially if:
- The other driver was under- or uninsured
- The accident resulted in grave injuries with potential long-term effects
- The insurance adjuster is pressuring you to agree to a quick settlement
- There is a dispute between you and the other driver as to who is at fault
- Injuries from the accident have caused you to miss more than a few days from work
- You don’t believe that the compensation from the insurance company will be adequate. It’s insufficient to cover current and future medical costs
- You experienced a head or brain injury
- You fear that the statute of limitations will prevent you from bringing a lawsuit
- You have a prior injury or medical condition that this new injury may have aggravated
- The other party’s lawyer contacts you to discuss a settlement
We understand that personal injury accidents can have devastating effects. These effects can affect you and your family for years to come. Insurance companies dislike making large payouts, and they are experts at manipulating the legal system to their benefit. Joshua Zokaeem is the best personal lawyer in Los Angeles. He will assist you in obtaining fair compensation. You will need it if you want state-of-the-art medical care for your injuries.
Types of Personal Injury Cases
Car Accident Cases
Car accidents create the most personal injury cases in the United States. Also included are accidents that happen when you use ridesharing services. If you’re looking for a Los Angeles Uber accident lawyer, you’ve come to the right place. Contact us now for a free consultation.
“Wrongful death” describes a lawsuit brought when a person dies because of negligence. Many wrongful death suits occur because of medical malpractice and nursing home neglect. People also sue for motor vehicle accidents, airplane crashes, and construction site accidents.
Slip & Fall
Slip and fall is another common kind of personal injury case. These cases arise from victims walking on wet or slippery floors. It’s easy to lose your balance and become injured. We prove that the person in charge of maintaining the property acted in negligence. We show how this negligence caused the conditions which resulted in the injury.
What Percentage Does a Personal Injury Lawyer Take?
We work on a “contingency fee” basis, which relies on a positive outcome for the client. The lawyer takes his fee from the personal injury settlement. In the rare event that your case makes it all the way to a court trial, he will deduct his expenses from the damages award. He can only deduct fees if you receive a favorable verdict. If the outcome is unfavorable, the lawyer does not collect any fees.
The typical contingency fee charged by attorneys in California is 33.33 percent. This fee is one-third of the amount of the settlement obtained or verdict awarded to you by the court. If you use our services, we will agree on a contingency fee during our initial consultation. We will then prepare a written agreement, which both parties will sign. We pay all costs and expenses needed to handle your case. We then deduct them from your settlement or verdict amount.
The lawyer performs many services and helps to increase the chances of success. That is why the percentage we take for fees is so high. We also protect the rights of our clients. We seek the best possible compensation that is both relevant and reasonable. Note that the lawyer with the lowest fee is not always the best deal for the client. A skilled lawyer is likely to get a better recovery for you than a novice. In most cases, the added recovery is more than worth the higher fee.