As Seen on
How to choose the best personal injury attorney
Did you sustain an injury that occurred due to an accident that you weren’t the cause of?
Did the injury leave a temporary or a permanent disability to a part of your body?
Or will the treatment of such injury lead you to spend a huge amount of money on medical bills?
Then in such a scenario, you will need to contact a personal injury attorney to help you get compensation for the injury you procured.
There are a large number of personal injury lawyers in the US and it is definitely going to be difficult trying to find the right one that will handle your case properly and to the best of your interest.
Below are some tips to help you in your decision making.
- Experience: To choose the best personal injury attorney, the first criteria you have to look for is experience. A good personal injury lawyer must have loads of experience dealing with personal injury cases. The experience should also come with some measure of success. Whilst questioning the attorney, try as much as possible to know the type of cases he has handled and if they are similar to yours. Check the outcome of the cases similar to yours. It will help you in making your decision.
- Fast response: This is a very important factor that speaks a lot about the professionalism of the The ability to deliver quick responses to your questions is a quality of a good injury attorney. If there is a delay in the response time, then you should know the attorney cannot handle your case properly. The best personal injury lawyer should be the one that gives a quick response and keeps you instantly updated about the status of your case.
- Face to face meetings: A good personal injury attorney will not let you discuss legal matters over the phone. It is best discussed when you meet face to face. In order to fully understand what the client wants, the injury attorney should set up meetings at regular intervals. If you see that trait in a personal injury lawyer, then you should know that the lawyer is a god one. You should also use the face to face meeting to access his communication and interpersonal skills.
- Payment: The fees and payments attached to the services should be clarified before the case begins. A good injury attorney will ensure everything is ready with a client before he proceeds to file a lawsuit. It will be better for you to hire a lawyer on a no-win-no-payment basis. If you lose the case, then you shouldn’t pay for the services. A good injury attorney will also ensure that your agreements are documented and signed by both of you. This is to prevent any future discrepancy.
These are some of the characteristics you should look for in a good personal injury attorney. Finding the right one will serve to ensure that you get the right representation and a better chance of getting compensation for your injury.
Request A Free Consulation
Request A Free Attorney Consultation Today
Los Angeles Personal Injury Attorney
Personal Injury Attorney – What to Look For
We know you’ve sustained injuries and you’re looking for the best personal lawyer in Los Angeles. But it’s a daunting task. The practice of law has gotten very specialized. Most lawyers know very little about handling a personal injury claim. Your first job is to find a lawyer with experience in the field. You’ll need someone with both trial and negotiation experience. Your lawyer should also have a thorough understanding of medical diagnoses. He also needs to know the practices related to personal injuries.
Here are some other criteria that you can use in your search:
- Location: your lawyer must be able to practice in the state where you sustained your injury.
- Reputation: you need someone reliable and responsible.
- Disciplinary Record: Always examine a lawyer’s disciplinary record for disbarment or suspension. You can find this information online.
- Focus of Practice: because the law is now so specialized, lawyers focus on specific areas of the law. So, for example, if you’re injured in a Los Angeles Uber accident, lawyers in your case should specialize in that type of injury.
- Years of Practice: find a lawyer who has worked on cases like yours for a long time.
- Trial Experience: you will want to hire an attorney who is not afraid of going to trial. It’s important to know that not all cases go to trial, and most settle out of court.
- Winning Record: Look for a lawyer who wins cases.
We at Capital Law Firm are proud to say that we meet all the above criteria.
Why Personal Injury Attorneys Matter
Personal injury attorneys are essential. Why? Because you can’t afford to take on the insurance companies yourself. If you or a loved one has an accident and suffers a severe injury, you will need our help. Seek out the services of Joshua Zokaeem, the best personal injury lawyer in Los Angeles. He will file your claim and do battle to gain much-needed compensation. Capital Law is a highly-regarded firm. We help innumerable clients recover millions of dollars in damages each year.
It’s vital that you call a Los Angeles personal injury lawyer if you sustain injuries. It’s even more critical if it’s an auto accident or another type of mishap that you did not cause. We know the law, and we have the skill to secure the compensation you deserve. We know how it can be for accident victims to cope with obsessive insurance adjusters. They just want to resolve their claims for as little as possible.
Contact us now if you’re the victim of a personal injury. When disaster strikes, or even when you only have a few questions, we are here 24/7 for you. Don’t delay speaking to the attorney in our Los Angeles injury law firm. Why? Because delays can hamper you from getting compensation. You need an attorney to look after your financial interests if you’re injured. You want the best personal lawyer in Los Angeles to fight for you. We’ve got you covered!
Do I Need a Personal Injury Attorney?
Accident victims are often swamped by phone calls soon after sustaining their injuries. They also receive requests for statements and paperwork. These requests come from law enforcement officers, doctors, and insurance companies. It can be very confusing to cope with all the queries about the accident and to know what to do next. Here are some grounds for getting the help of an experienced Los Angeles injury law firm.
Severe injuries can be traumatic and can change your life forever. You will need an experienced attorney if your injuries cause permanent disabilities. The same goes for if you need long-term care. We calculate how much compensation you can receive. How? By figuring out your earning potential over time. We will seek to pursue all available avenues of redress. You need reimbursement for your economic and non-economic losses.
Hire a personal injury attorney if you sustained injuries in an automobile accident. Do so, especially if:
- The other driver was under- or uninsured
- The accident resulted in grave injuries with potential long-term effects
- The insurance adjuster is pressuring you to agree to a quick settlement
- There is a dispute between you and the other driver as to who is at fault
- Injuries from the accident have caused you to miss more than a few days from work
- You don’t believe that the compensation from the insurance company will be adequate. It’s insufficient to cover current and future medical costs
- You experienced a head or brain injury
- You fear that the statute of limitations will prevent you from bringing a lawsuit
- You have a prior injury or medical condition that this new injury may have aggravated
- The other party’s lawyer contacts you to discuss a settlement
We understand that personal injury accidents can have devastating effects. These effects can affect you and your family for years to come. Insurance companies dislike making large payouts, and they are experts at manipulating the legal system to their benefit. Joshua Zokaeem is the best personal lawyer in Los Angeles. He will assist you in obtaining fair compensation. You will need it if you want state-of-the-art medical care for your injuries.
Types of Personal Injury Cases
Car Accident Cases
Car accidents create the most personal injury cases in the United States. Also included are accidents that happen when you use ridesharing services. If you’re looking for a Los Angeles Uber accident lawyer, you’ve come to the right place. Contact us now for a free consultation.
“Wrongful death” describes a lawsuit brought when a person dies because of negligence. Many wrongful death suits occur because of medical malpractice and nursing home neglect. People also sue for motor vehicle accidents, airplane crashes, and construction site accidents.
Slip & Fall
Slip and fall is another common kind of personal injury case. These cases arise from victims walking on wet or slippery floors. It’s easy to lose your balance and become injured. We prove that the person in charge of maintaining the property acted in negligence. We show how this negligence caused the conditions which resulted in the injury.
What Percentage Does a Personal Injury Lawyer Take?
We work on a “contingency fee” basis, which relies on a positive outcome for the client. The lawyer takes his fee from the personal injury settlement. In the rare event that your case makes it all the way to a court trial, he will deduct his expenses from the damages award. He can only deduct fees if you receive a favorable verdict. If the outcome is unfavorable, the lawyer does not collect any fees.
The typical contingency fee charged by attorneys in California is 33.33 percent. This fee is one-third of the amount of the settlement obtained or verdict awarded to you by the court. If you use our services, we will agree on a contingency fee during our initial consultation. We will then prepare a written agreement, which both parties will sign. We pay all costs and expenses needed to handle your case. We then deduct them from your settlement or verdict amount.
The lawyer performs many services and helps to increase the chances of success. That is why the percentage we take for fees is so high. We also protect the rights of our clients. We seek the best possible compensation that is both relevant and reasonable. Note that the lawyer with the lowest fee is not always the best deal for the client. A skilled lawyer is likely to get a better recovery for you than a novice. In most cases, the added recovery is more than worth the higher fee.